Pages

Friday, January 19, 2018

What's in the Bag?

My new camera arrived yesterday. I'm not sure I like it yet; apparently it has to have another $200 lens to get the zoom I was used to with my old camera. There will be a learning curve ahead as I try to figure this thing out.

Meanwhile, I pulled out one of my older handbags, thinking to use it for a camera bag since this thing will need me to carry accessories. I can't remember when I carried this handbag, but I think it's been over a year. And was I surprised at what was still in there! Usually I clean out my purses when I change them out, but I sure didn't do this one. I dumped it out on my dresser to sort.


So here we have a little penknife, an S-hook, a few pegboard hooks, a hair tie, a furniture repair marker, storyteller Larry Staats' pen with built-in flashlight, a tape measure, hooks for hanging weights in a clock, a huge screw thingie, a small set screw for something, and safety pins.

The picture was taken with my new camera, no flash in fairly dim light. As I said, learning curve ahead.


All the kinds of things I guess a woman needs if she has a booth in an antique mall. although I sure wonder what that big screw was for, and where the little knife came from.


Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

3 comments:

  1. I "always" wash my coats and vests before putting them in the cedar closet in Spring, but this year I stuck my hand in a coat pocket and about jumped out of my skin when my hand hit "fur"...it was a big handful of end-of-season cashmere, thank goodness!
    But how I WISH I could find a knife. I've lost the one I always carry in my pocket (carefully placed atop the dryer while my dungarees were in the washer, and then GONE) and that makes two lost in the past 6 months. Drives me a little bit nuts when I am trying to economize on everything, to lose a tool I need every single day.
    Good luck with the new camera! I hope it soon feels like an extension of your hand and eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What kind of camera did you get? My husband gave me a Sony A6000 for Christmas last year & I'm super frustrated with learning macro on it. It's the first camera I've had that you can use different lenses on but I don't really want to buy any more.

    Have you seen the lenses you can use on smart phones? I love using my smart phone for pictures & am thinking about a macro lens for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny, it's another Lumix by Panasonic.That's what my last one was and it lasted 10 years. I wouldn't have bought another one but I managed to chip the lens in a couple places which made those spots on my photos. I got a very good price on this one, and it has excellent reviews. Lumix GF5. My old one was a Lumix FZ35 and had a fantastic zoom. I may try to buy another one and keep both of them!

    This one I will get the hang of. You're ahead of me since I don't even know what macro means! But this one takes nice crisp photos and is lighter. I found the owner's manual online and that has helped. I'll get the hang of it eventually.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...