Pages

Saturday, September 23, 2017

Housework, Visiting, Travel

Someone has to do it, right?

It's been my life the past few days. Because I don't want to leave a dirty house--or more to the point, I don't want to come back to a dirty house. So I've been catching up on the cleaning that was half-done all summer while I ran around telling stories, gardening, canning and all the other things that crowd up summer.

I must say it sure is nice to have it all clean. It reminds me of how much I love this place, this nest we've created. I love going places for sure, but coming home is such sweet pleasure.

My oldest son and his wife are here too, as they had a wedding to attend. They live on the other side of the state so we don't see them often. As we and they get older, it seems like conversations are so much more enjoyable. We don't see eye to eye on politics but we can always find a middle meeting ground, and I learn from them as I hope they learn from me.

This morning Larry and I fixed one of those big country breakfasts--omelets with peppers, onions, mushrooms and cheese, sausage, salsa, toast and fried apples. All homegrown except for the mushrooms and cheese and toast. We lingered over it a long time, just chatting.

I was so surprised when my son told me that his son has enlisted in the Navy. He's in college now but will go in when he graduates this coming May. Grandchildren! One never knows what they will do next. I am very proud of him, worried too, which goes with the territory. Oddly, this is the only one of my sons who did not go into the military--but now his son is.

We are almost packed and ready to leave for Ireland. Everything, I believe, is ready. Someone to watch over our place and care for our animals, passports, rain gear (it's Ireland, after all), good walking shoes, map, charged camera batteries, etc, etc. I will try to post some pics as we travel, but have no idea if it will be possible. I'll definitely be posting them when I get home. Sligo, Clare, Galway and Kerry are on our itinerary.

So until I can post again--stay well!

Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

5 comments:

  1. Safe travels. I will be thinkng of you. Huhs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slán abhaile! I think there's something about Ireland that always makes it feel like coming home :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...